Helping you to manage your long-term and/or complex health needs.
We know that managing a long-term or complex illness can be stressful for you and your carer. Our Care Coordination Services aims to help you better manage your health, so you can stay well and out of the hospital. A dedicated Care Coordinator, with a wealth of knowledge about local healthcare services, will work with you and your GP to manage and plan your health care.
How we can help
Your Care Coordinator will assist you to manage your own health by:
- offering face-to-face health assessment and home visits
- helping you set health goals and plan to meet them
- providing skills and information
- organising medical appointments
- linking you with services
- assisting you to navigate the healthcare system
- supporting your carer
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander services
Providing care coordination in Newcastle and the Hunter Region if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and have complex long-term health issues. Find out more.