The NIB Care Coordination program is a personalised care program designed to assist those with chronic conditions and complex care needs.
The program is a joint initiative between nib and Hunter Primary Care.
The Care Coordination program aims to assist you as an nib customer to understand your long term health care needs, and manage and plan your health service options.
This program will help tailor an individualised management plan, with collaboration from a Health Professional – Care Coordinator, General Practitioner (GP) and your entire health team. Your GP remains important in this process and will be involved with coordination and management of your health care needs.
Support provided by our Care Coordination team may include:
- an in home face to face comprehensive health assessment to assess clinical conditions, psychosocial wellbeing, domestic situation and family/carer support;
- regular scheduled support calls;
- assistance while you are in hospital for discharge planning;
- facilitation of referrals to and attendance at appointments and services;
- assistance and support with health goal setting and planning;
- education and health coaching;
- promotion of self-management techniques;
- carer support;
- assistance with Advance Care Planning
- Development of GP Management Plan and Shared Care Plan
- Occupational Therapy assessments
- Supplementary Services – funding to assist with access to approved medical aids
The program does not cover the cost of your medical services or medicine, but there are no additional costs for taking part in the Care Coordination Program.