GPAAH FAQsKerrie-anne Butler
GP Access After Hours Frequently Asked Questions
GP Access After Hours has compiled the following list of questions to assist you with your experience using the service.
To download and print a copy of the GP Access After Hours Frequently Asked Questions click here.
If you can’t find the answer to your question email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GP Access After Hours was established in Maitland in 1999 and has grown to be the most recognised, quality provider of comprehensive after hours care in the Hunter. GP Access After Hours has five clinics located in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Maitland areas.
Call 1300 130 147 and speak to one of our qualified staff who can provide advice and if necessary, arrange an appointment at one of our five clinics.
Anyone can call GP Access After Hours Service on 1300 130 147 and if required, will be provided an appointment at one of our five clinics.
GP Access After Hours is open weeknights, weekends and public holidays.
Our call centre hours are:
Weeknights – 5.30pm until 8.00am the next day
Weekends – 12.00pm (noon) Saturday to Monday 8.00am
Public Holidays – 24 hours
The GP Access After Hours clinics are open weeknights, weekends and public holidays.
Our clinics are open from:
Weeknights – 6.00pm
Saturdays – 1.00pm
Sundays and Public Holidays – 9.00am
Yes, you can call GP Access After Hours on 1300 130 147
Depending on your illness or injury, you will be:
- provided with an appointment at one of our five clinics
- advised to go to the nearest Emergency Department
- advised to call triple 000 for an ambulance
- provided self-care information and advised to make an appointment with your regular GP in normal business hours
GP Access After Hours is a Medicare Bulk Billed Service for anyone who holds a Medicare card. Overseas visitors and/or students who will need to pay a fee.
Four of our five clinics are located within local public hospitals with easy access to emergency departments and specialist services if required. Look for the GP Access After Hours signs at:
- Belmont Hospital – Croudace Bay Road, Belmont
- John Hunter Hospital – Lookout Road, New Lambton
- Maitland Hospital – High Street, Maitland
- Calvary Mater Hospital – Edith Street, Waratah
- Westlakes Community Health Centre (Toronto Polyclinic) – 6 James Street, Toronto
Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Maitland areas.
GP Access After Hours provides a range of services including:
- Assessment by experienced, qualified General Practitioners and registered nurses
- Caring for children e.g. sore throats and ears, high temperatures
- Pathology as needed
- Plaster/back slabs
- Wound review and dressings
GP Access After Hours clinics are staffed by 250 experienced local doctors (who are all qualified General Practitioners), registered nurses and administration staff. Our staff have extensive experience working in general practices and provide comprehensive, reliable and safe care.
When you call GP Access After Hours you will be given an appointment time at one of our clinics. You only need to arrive at the clinic 15 minutes before your appointment. Over 90% of all people attending a GP Access After Hours Clinic are seen within 30 minutes of their appointment time.
We prefer that you call 1300 130 147, so that you can be given a suitable appointment time. at a local clinic convenient to your needs.
We provide home visits in limited circumstances where it is medically required and not possible for the patient to attend a GP Access After Hours clinic.
Home visits restrict the type of care Doctors can administer, so we prefer patients to attend one of our clinics where our staff can provide comprehensive and safe care to meet your immediate needs.
All information is treated confidentially and meets privacy legislation.
With your permission, our consultation notes are electronically forwarded to your regular GP within 24 hours of your GP Access After Hours clinic appointment.
After you have visited a GP Access clinic you will need to follow up with your own doctor for further treatment as we do not provide ongoing or routine treatment.
For non-urgent care you should make an appointment to see your GP during normal surgery hours.
In exceptional circumstances and if appropriate, transport to a clinic can be arranged if no other transport options are available.
Our service is committed to delivering safe and high quality health care and complies with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for General Practices.
We are an AGPAL Accredited Quality Practice.
We are always interested to receive feedback about our service. You can do this by:
- Asking the clinic receptionist for a feedback form
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Speaking to your GP
- Call GP Access After Hours during business hours on 02 4925 2259 and ask to speak with the GP Access After Hours Manager
- Send a letter to GP Access After Hours, PO Box 572, Newcastle NSW 2300