At Hunter Primary Care our focus is on you.

We believe everyone has the right to provide feedback about our services and actions. Feedback can play an important role in helping us review our services to ensure that we continue to deliver services that meet your needs. This includes positive feedback and compliments about the things we have done well; but we also understand that sometimes things can go wrong and you may be disappointed. In this case, it is important that we identify, investigate and address the cause and issues that arise.

Hunter Primary Care is committed to ensuring that we provide patients and clients, family members, friends or carers and external stakeholders with readily accessible feedback methods.

How to give feedback or make a complaint

You can provide feedback or make a complaint in several ways:

Hunter Primary Care
PO Box 572
Newcastle NSW 2300

  • Fax written feedback to (02) 4925 2268
  • Set up a face-to-face meeting the staff member or manager of the relevant Hunter Primary Care service at one of our offices

The following services can help you make a call to us:

  • If English is not your primary language:
    • Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) 131 450
  • If you are deaf, have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, via the National Relay Service:

What happens once feedback is provided?

Upon receiving feedback, Hunter Primary Care will acknowledge this within 5 days, either verbally or in writing.

If you have made a complaint, we will explain our complaints management process and the person responsible. We do our best to resolve complaints in 35 days. If we are unable to resolve an issue within 35 days, we will contact you to explain why.

Our Feedback Policy provides more detail about how Hunter Primary Care will receive, capture and respond to feedback (including complaints).

Seeking independent advice?

If you have a complaint that you feel has not been satisfactorily resolved, you can escalate this to one of the authorities listed below:

If you have a disability, or if you are providing feedback on behalf of a person with disability, and you would like independent advice or support with providing feedback, you can also contact: