A Snapshot of GP Access After Hours activity in the last 12 month period
To June 2018
* using the methodology from the independent economic evaluation of the service – the GPAAH Cost StudyGP Access After Hours is open when your GP is closed and provides reliable, experienced, after hours primary health care to the community of the lower Hunter region.
It is a free, bulk billed service for anyone with a Medicare card.
When you call GP Access After Hours, your medical problem will be assessed and you will be provided advice about the most appropriate level of care for your immediate health care needs:
- Emergency Department if you have an emergency, or a problem that needs urgent hospital care
- An appointment in one of our five clinics if you need to be seen by a GP in the after-hours period
- A home visit or Aged Care Facility visit if required
- Phone advice by a registered nurse or a GP
- Other specialised services as appropriate e.g. Poisons Information Centre