Drug and Alcohol Services
Providing you with effective services to address mild to moderate substance misuse
If you are aged 16 years and over, are concerned about your alcohol consumption or other drug use, our team of psychologists can provide a range of drug and alcohol services to you based on your specific needs. The services currently offered by Hunter Primary Care include:
- MindReach program delivered in a series of tailor-made workbooks to assist the person to address drug and alcohol misuse as well as co-existing psychological symptoms
- Counselling and brief interventions delivered either face-to-face or over the phone
- Aftercare support focusing in relapse prevention
We work closely with Drug and Alcohol services in the Hunter New England Local Health District to ensure that you have access to the most appropriate level of care at any point in your treatment journey.
Who can be referred?
Our highly qualified team specialise in seeing:
- Young people aged 16-24
- Women in the perinatal period and/or with young children
- People with co-occurring substance misuse and mental health problems
Unfortunately, our program is not appropriate if you:
- Experience severe dependence with or without mental health comorbidity.
- Present with complex polydrug use, often requiring medical care
- Are requesting court-ordered or probation and parole treatments and/or reports for medico-legal reasons.