Referring to Hunter Psychosocial Support Service (HPSS)
Our Hunter Psychosocial Support Service (HPSS) aims to assist people with severe mental illness, who have reduced psychosocial function and are not eligible for assistance through the NDIS to build daily living skills and connect with services based on their goals.
While the NDIS provides comprehensive support for the majority of people with severe mental illness, some people might not meet the NDIS criteria but may still benefit from specialised psychosocial support at certain times.
Who is eligible for HPSS?
Our HPS Service is available to people with a severe mental illness who:
- Live or work in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter and Mid Coast regions*.
- Have an associated level of reduced psychosocial functional capacity
- Are not receiving a NDIS package
- Are not a client of Partners in Recovery (PIR), Day to Day Living (D2DL) and/or Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs)
- Are not a client of Community Living Supports (CLS) or Housing and Support Initiative (HASI)
*Services in the Mid Coast region will be provided by Flourish Australia.
Referral pathway for HPSS
Please return the completed HPSS Referral and Intake Form via email to email@example.com