Referring to Hunter Psychosocial Support Service (HPSS)
Our Hunter Psychosocial Support Service (HPSS) aims to assist people with severe mental illness, who have reduced psychosocial function and are not eligible for assistance through the NDIS to build daily living skills and connect with services based on their goals.
While the NDIS provides comprehensive support for the majority of people with severe mental illness, some people might not meet the NDIS criteria but may still benefit from specialised psychosocial support at certain times.
Who is eligible for HPSS?
Our HPS Service is available to people with a severe mental illness who:
- Live or work in the Newcastle, Upper Hunter and Port Stephens regions*.
- Have an associated level of reduced psychosocial functional capacity
- Are not receiving a NDIS package
- Are not currently receiving support through NPS - Extension or Continuity of Support (previously known as Partners in Recovery (PIR))
- Are not a client of Community Living Supports (CLS) or Housing and Support Initiative (HASI)
Referral pathway for HPSS
Please complete our online HPSS referral and intake form.
If referrals are received for Lake Macquarie and Mid Coast regions, our intake team will contact you and direct you to the appropriate service provider in that area.